Buying a present for a cyclist can be difficult, especially when you are not a cyclist yourself. If the intended gift recipient has been riding for a long time, they have probably accumulated all of the basics.
We have put the below list together, focusing on going beyond the basics. However, a few items included that everyone with a riding addiction would love to have. Plus, sometimes the basics wear out or need an upgrade.
We hope this list helps make your shopping easier. We love encouraging people to pick up biking, and sometimes a great gift is a motivation one needs.
Christmas Gifts for Cyclists from Online Bike Merchants
We heard many complaints from riders cycling in the cold weather, so we set out to answer the question: "what should I wear?"
Best cycling winter gears like thermal tights, gloves, toe warmers, shoes, jerseys, winter proof jackets help you stay warm when you ride in the cold.
Cycling is a very interesting sport, where your lower body is constantly working while your upper body is stationary. And your upper body is the mass that continues to take the beating from the cold wind. So, when it comes down to staying warm while riding, you need to start with your core and layer your way out.
Amazon is known for its products and service. You get an amazing range of gifts for cyclists from amazon. This Christmas, Amazon can get your gifts delivered at your doorstep with free shipping if you shop for more than $25.
They have amazing cycling tools and gadgets that will work with every bike rider with 20- 30% discounts on a Bike phone front frame bags and bike multi tool kit etc. Check out the best gift options on Amazon.
You have the holiday cheer but with some dirt this Christmas from REI. The brand is known by many cycling lovers and they would love to have some of the best products from here this Christmas.
They have various bike products, tools, and gadgets that are worth buying. The site also offers 11% off on a few products like GoPro cameras, Bike lights etc. Get your cycling lover some amazing deals and discounts from the REI this Christmas.
3. Competitive Cyclist
Competitive cyclists have a lot to offer this Christmas. They have a sale going around with around 42% off on base layers for winter rides along with bike accessories up to 10 - 30% off.
These gifts are an amazing option for road riders. You can check out more exciting products that you can give to your to a road cyclist this Christmas eve. Find out gifts for road cyclist on Competitive Cyclist.
Also, they have a great range of gifts for gravel riders. They offer specialized butcher tires, cycling shoes and other accessories and gadgets under $50.Grab the gifts under $50 on Competitive Cyclist .
Best Christmas cycling gifts for commuters
1. Cycling Gloves - C5 Gore-Tex Infinium Gloves
Apply Code: SPRINT20
Valid Till 12/22/2021
Gloves are an essential part of cycling in cold weather. This C5 Gore Windstopper Glove is very lightweight and keeps your fingers functional and warm in bad weather.
These winter cycling gloves are built with an ultra-thin Gore-Tex Windstopper membrane for sharp winds. It offers maximum dexterity for moving, shifting, and applying the brake to your bike. Since keeping your extremities warm must be your priority, the Gore-Tex gloves can easily become your go-to gloves for your rides in late winters and even during the early spring.
The fabric is highly breathable and allows heat to trap inside the gloves without getting your hands sweaty. This is one of the best Christmas gifts for cyclists.
But before getting to a decision, let’s go through some of its advantages and disadvantages.
- They are lightweight.
- They provide a reasonable amount of warmth irrespective of the weight.
- The gloves can be packed easily.
- Surprisingly, well insulated and windproof, even with a thin fabric.
- No padding in the palm.
To think about it, these gloves are still a perfect choice for riders who stop for no reason when it comes to their daily cycling routine.
2. Bike Lock - Hiplok Spin
Hiplok SPIN is a lightweight bike lock that is wearable with a combination of the integrated lock system. It fits easily on the rider's waist without the "locked to the body" feeling.
It offers you to carry the chain safely. It weighs around 800 g which is very light, and is built with a nylon sleeve for more comfort and durability.
It is a four-digit reset combination lock, so you don't need to carry any key. You have to create your unique code for locking your bike every time.
It has hardened steel of 6 mm, which is of premium quality to be at peace with the security. With the ease of portability, the accessory also comes with a few advantages and downsides.
- It is wearable. Your friend or family member is not required to carry it around in their bag anymore.
- Easy to use, given the four-digit integrated combination lock.
- No need to carry a key anymore.
- Hardened steel chain, yet lightweight.
- The length of the accessory is not that long.
The Hiplok is by far the most attractive and chain to carry around with the attributes of the provision of high security if you can ignore the length.
Best Christmas Gifts For Road Cyclists
1. Water Bottle - Hydro Flask 24oz Standard Mouth Water Bottle
When your rider friend goes out for a ride or even when you plan to accompany them, staying hydrated is essential for the body mechanism to work efficiently.
This Hydro Flask Water Bottle is here to help you throughout your riding adventures. It is a double-walled 18 inches stainless steel water bottle that can keep your hot liquids hot for 6 hours and cold water cold for 24 hours.
The design is sweat-free and slip-free, giving you the convenience of TempShield, durability, and availability in a wide range of colors.
- Well-insulated: both for hot and cold water.
- The insulated stainless steel provides great durability.
- Even a standard-sized mouth allows you to fit ice cubes in it.
- The 24 oz may not be sufficient for most riders.
However, visiting the same link, you can also search the water flask with 32 oz that works more than enough for hardcore hydration. You can opt for buying two of these water flasks and can plan a biking expedition with your cousin, siblings, or friends who always wanted you to accompany them on fun adventures.
2. Classic Book - The Rider by Krabbe, Tim
If you think of giving the cyclist a book this Christmas, then get the best classic novel, The Rider by Tim Krabbe.
The book is about how the writer travels on a beginners cycle race in summer 1977, Southern France.
This book has developed a following among many cyclists due to the angst, observations, and dry humor. What is more enticing is the mention of the 1977 Tour de Mont Aigoual, a 137-kilometer club race through the Cévennes. The bikes were old-fashioned, and the biking gears used then are considered outdated now. But even over 40 years, the story takes the reader on a ride through the race that feels unreal.
This Christmas, it is a great book to give your bike rider friends or relatives who are into reading.
There is no particular downside to this book. Read it, and you'll believe us.
Best Christmas Gifts for Gravel Bikers
1. Aerobars - Profile Sonic Ergo 50a Aerobars
Aerobars help a fearless cyclist drive much further and faster without adding much effort. These Sonic Ergo 50a Aerobars are specifically designed for triathlon races.
It is created with a minimal presence to get into a position and travel as fast as you can. The Ergo armrests can be adjusted in full length, width, and rotation for a customized fit. The aero bars are aluminum to offer a secure and stable handlebar attachment.
However, without getting into much technicality, in simple words, it can be best described as a support for long journeys. Overall the bars are outfitted with Sonic brackets for improvised rider comfort. But, we can't move forward without knowing its advantages and disadvantages.
- Provides more natural support to your arms.
- Sturdy and easy to install.
- There can be little fuss during the adjustments.
They are a great choice for your older friends or family members coming across shoulder issues.
Bike Tires - WTB Resolute 700C Tire
2. WTB Resolute 700C Tire
Gravel riding is one of the best and popular forms of cycling. You need a great set of fun tires that can help you push your limits.
WTB makes one of the best performing and stylish off-road tires.
This WTB Resolute 700c Tire is an ultimate gravel rider. It has wide-spaced knobs for consistent traction, and the tire is tubeless so that you can leave the tubes behind and reduce the tire pressure for smooth rides.
The tire has tan walls that look great with every ride. It is an outstanding all condition gravel tire.
- They offer excellent grip on wet surfaces.
- The WTB tire is equipped with good puncture resistance.
- It provides a great riding experience on uneven trails.
- The width of the tire won't fit into every frame.
One of the essential reasons to buy this tire is its amazing versatility, which allows the rider to use it on any path, trail, or terrain.
Like WTB Tires, Jenson USA has unique gifts for Cyclists under $50. Check out here
Best Christmas Gifts for Cyclo-Crossers
1. Cycling shoe - Crossmax SL Ultimate Cycling Shoe
These cycling shoes are designed to apply low weight and high-performance efficiency to the world with their yellow and black colors. The Crossmax SL Ultimate Cycling shoes are rugged cycling shoes made for cross-country racing.
They are designed with an innovative energy grip of Terra Carbon SL for optimal power. The Rego bond upper and 3D tongue offers riders comfort and keep their feet comfortable.
It is designed with Energy Lock Carbon Comp to keep your heel secure, and the Mavic Ergo Dial makes sure that the rider gets a precise fit. The shoes work best with cross country and cyclocross riders, making them the best gifts for bike lovers.
- The heel cup of the shoes is very plush and comfortable.
- It is lightweight yet secures your feet completely.
- The energy frameworks as an external foothold and offer optimal energy transfer.
- The heel cup can slip.
- The shoes are not meant for daily bike outings.
At the same, it can be a perfect addition to your loved ones' biking accessories and gears to join their endeavors.
2. Bike Light - NiteRider Swift 300 Headlight
Nightrider Swift 300 Headlight is a front bike light that is strong enough to get you to your destination in dark conditions. The headlight consists of LED lights and can last for a long time.
The light can last up to 11 hours straight if you have it in a low-light setting. In this headlight, you get three modes: 3 steadies, one flash, and one walk.
It can be easily mounted in 35 mm handlebars without any extra requirement. You get a handlebar mount with the device and a USB charger for the light.
- Quite affordable.
- Water and dust-proof.
- The headlight is not for longer and overnight rides as claimed.
Even though the battery life is limited, you can still get it for those riders who need assistance to get home through the dark after extra classes or work.
Cycling Gifts For Men
Bike Shorts - NiteRider Swift 300 Headlight
These cycling shorts are amazingly designed for bike riders. The shorts are designed with polyester and spandex for maximum comfort and breath-ability.
The fabric is moisture-wicking and has an elastic closure that makes it a true fit.
The shorts are lightweight, and the moisture-wicking keeps them dry and comfortable. The waistband is wide enough for a snug fit and makes the recipient cool and fresh.
When you select this gift for your recipient, they get short with a 3D padding surface for decent protection on the bike for long distances. It is a great indoor and outdoor pair of underwear shorts.
- It offers a great fit which also comes with comfort.
- The product grows on you.
- No knowledge of buying the right shorts can lead to an uncomfortable product.
You must be well known about the recipient's size for whom you intend to purchase this for him to experience comfortable rides.
Gifts For Cyclist Dad
This is the perfect vintage cycling gift for you to give to your father if he's a cyclist. The T-shirt is made up of 100% cotton and is currently available in 10 colors.
This Tee is lightweight and styled with a classic fit to give them the room to breathe. Check Out the sizes available before ordering.
Cycling Gifts For Women
Bike Pants For women - 4ucycling Women 3D Padded Bike Pants
These 4ucycling women's padded bike pants are great for exercise and training. The tights are an amazing solution for comfort, ease, look, and fashion.
They are built with premium nylon and spandex quality that makes one feel comfortable. The tights have a close-fitting design at the foot so that they don't roll up while riding.
It is designed with 3D padding for cushioning and fits nicely around the hips for prolonged periods. But, before you plan on getting it for the perfect woman in your life, let's get into the pros and cons of these pants.
- Made of wide elastic, the waistband renders excellent comfort.
- The design and elasticity offer great flexibility during exercise.
- The foam used is lightweight.
- There is added comfort to the hip area, which protects the user from any hip injury during cycling.
- With the wrong size, you might end up with pads that frequently slide down.
Although, the 4ucycling Women's 3D Padded Bike Pants are lightweight and mold nicely along the hips, making them perfect best cycling gifts for her!!
Funny Cycling Gifts
Bike Pants For women - 4ucycling Women 3D Padded Bike Pants
Everyone welcomes gifts, and if they are useful, they are even more appreciated.
But how about a few gifts that make them laugh and raise a smile?
If you feel gift-giving has become solemn and sincere, then check out these amazing funny Cycling gifts for this Christmas for your loved ones. The bike t-shirts screaming cranky or coffee mugs commenting - Oh, Shift! can prove to be great gifts for the friends or relatives who get your sarcastic side.
If you are looking to take some stress out of people's lives, these gifts are the best options. And, these can be perfect birthday gifts for Bike Lovers!
Cycling Gifts Under $25
Vibrelli Universal Motorcycle & Bike Phone Mount
This is an amazing bike phone mount from Vibrelli that automatically fits phones that are 3.7 inches wide. It has an adjustable strong, wide clamp and three silicon bands that grip one's smartphone firmly.
It easily fits the bike handlebars and is great for road and mountain bike rides. This phone mount is very safe and secure with three silicone bands and side clamps.
It looks great and is a perfect option for a phone holder. It can be rotated up to 365 degrees and easily adjust to a specific position.
- The user can access the entire screen of their phone without removing the device from the phone mount.
- It can hold large phones.
- The phone mount can be rotated and tilted for better angles.
- Not so sturdy for uneven or bumpy roads.
- They are not designed for or compatible with skinnier handlebars.
If the recipient of your Christmas present is a technology geek, who loves to commute through smooth trails around the city while swiping their phone or listening to music, then this can be a piece of perfect equipment for them.
Cycling Gifts Under $10
1. Bike basket - HITECHLIFE Handlebar Bike Basket
This is an exquisite bicycle basket designed with woven technology. One can decorate their bike with this wood color wicker bike basket.
The basket is safe and wear-resistant and is built for durability. The basket will never leave its shape. It is made up of leather straps and easily installed on your bike with adjustable position and firmness.
It is solid and big enough to hold the weights of books, bags, and groceries.
A sturdy basket to hold more than two items of ideal weight.
The straps might be small to attach.
If you know someone who would like to include a fancy basket at the front of their bike and imagines themselves carrying vibrant flowers in them, then this is the one for you.
You can also find many more exciting gifts for cyclists this Christmas that are below $10. Check them out here.
2. Kate Aspen Lets go an Adventure Bicycle bottle opener
If a person likes to enjoy every new drink after a ride, this is the perfect gift. This gleaming pewter bicycle bottle opener from Kate Aspen has an attached tag of "Let the adventure begin" to embrace your adventure.
It is also a great return gift for guests as they leave. It is built with metals and comes with a fabric tag. The grommet in the back wheel acts as a bottle opener.
- Everything, from the appearance to its functions.
- Not for professional use - bartender.
- Sturdy enough to last over a year.
People Also Ask
If you are looking for personalized cycling gifts then there are many products which you can gift a cyclist:
- Cycling Clothing: Baselayers, Shorts, Tshirts, Jackets, Shoes, Gloves and more
- Accessories: Bike lights, Tools, Tires, and more
- Camera's, Computers, Phone mounts, and more
- Turbo Trainers
- Mugs for coffee lovers
- Vintage bikes
Here are our few top picks:
- C5 Gore-Tex Infinium Gloves
- Hydro Flask 24oz Standard Mouth Water Bottle
- The Rider by Krabbe, Tim
- 1280ef Adjustable Stride Elliptical Trainer
- Vibrelli Universal Motorcycle & Bike Phone Mount
- Stans Dart Tubeless Tire Repair Too
Best Gifts For Cyclist Amazon Recommended
- This Bicycle Heartbeat tshirt Makes a great birthday or Christmas gift for bicycle enthusiasts, If you love riding bikes then this cycling...
- If you are happiest turning the pedals, then this cute cycling Tee is great for you, this Biking tee is the perfect gift for an avid bike rider,...
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- [Stocking Stuffers Gifts for Men] Snowflake tool is an ideal gift as Christmas gifts, stocking stuffers for men, Fathers day gifts for dad from...
- [Cool Design] Snowflake multitool adopts cool snowflake appearance design, use upgraded chrome vanadium steel durable materials, integrates fun...
- [Outdoor & Home Gadget] Once you have the snowflake mutitool, you will not have the trouble of searching for wrench and screwdriver in the messy...
So, now it's over to you! We have listed the Best cycling gifts for Christmas that you can afford. Make sure you buy something useful this Christmas that can light up a smile on your recipient's face.
BikesReviewed loves the way you scroll through various options to present a gift to your loved one this Christmas. But if you are one of the cycling enthusiasts, then it's never too late to show some self-love and purchase yourself a Christmas treat from the alternatives mentioned above.
But, for the time being, Merry Christmas!
By the way, what are the best gifts you have selected for your cycling lover this Christmas? Let us know!
Our Top Posts
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API