The most challenging thing is to get out of bed and work out. This is the most common reason for people avoiding physical activity and fitness.
According to Harvard Health Publication, riding a stationary bike is better for your joints than other aerobic activities. It has several benefits, such as enhanced blood circulation, bone density, and muscle mass.
Keeping yourself healthy is the best way to fight obesity in today's world.
According to a well-known Buddhist influencer and father of mindfulness, - "Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything."
How does It Works:
We often don't get enough time for workouts or any physical activity due to our rigorous schedules. At such times, a seven-minute workout can help you.
A high-intensity workout of 7 mins can burn more calories than a 30-60 minutes of workout.
A set of 12 exercises have to be practiced for 30 seconds in 15-20 repetitions. These 12 exercises target your core, upper body and lower body which helps in increasing metabolic rate and increases energy levels.
The 12 exercises are listed below -
- Jumping jacks (total body)
- Wall sit (lower body)
- Push-up (upper body)
- Abdominal crunch (core)
- Step-up onto a chair (total body)
- Squat (lower body)
- Triceps dip on a chair (upper body)
- Plank (core)
- High knees/running in place (total body)
- Lunge (lower body)
- Push-up and rotation (upper body)
- Side plank (core)
- Workout with the help of a bike
Is 7 minutes of exercise a day enough? How healthy is it?
The seven-minute workout, first published in the American College of Sport Medicine's Health and Fitness Journal, is a wonderful workout for anyone, especially for those short on time. It has been shown to have several health advantages, including weight reduction and enhanced endurance.
The 30-second on, 10-second off cycle of these high-intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions is perfect for fat reduction due to increased post-exercise oxygen consumption, or EPOC.
EPOC is simply a fancy way of expressing HIIT exercises that enable your body to burn calories even after you've done your workout - in other words, maximum outcomes with less commitment in
You’re probably thinking, what do I need to do?
For those seeking a non-traditional training routine, the seven-minute workout may be an excellent option. It takes very little time (you can do it during your lunch break) and requires no equipment other than your body weight.
However, it does not allow for the development of strength or muscular tone. Thus, it must combine with a regular, more intensive workout regimen for the most significant benefits.
The trick is to select routines that allow you to have fun, whether it's dancing with your kids in the living room, going on a hike with friends, performing a workout video in your bedroom, or discovering a great fitness class in your neighborhood.
If you like working out and look forward to it while scheduling it in your day, then don't look back. These 12 exercises included in the High-intensity workout are good workouts to practice.
Need some inspiration for your next workout plan?
A wonderful method to stay motivated is to seek some help, whether that means working with a personal trainer or meeting people who want to lose weight with you through a fitness club or doing it with a friend as a 7 minute ab workout is also great to practise.
When it comes to remaining active, we may be our own worst enemy at times, but nothing beats a little friendly rivalry to keep you motivated.
Here are some product recommendations for you.
1. Schwinn Upright Bike:
Schwinn Upright Bike:
One can connect the bike to popular cycling apps such as Explore the World® and Zwift® (separate subscriptions required). It has 22 preset workouts and offers 20 resistance levels compatible with beginners and advanced trainees.
The speciality of this bike is that it includes nine workouts which control heart rate extra-smooth resistance with a shelf for mobile or book.
- It has a padded, curved seat with a post for simple swapping with any clamp and rail bicycle seat.
- A perimeter-weighted flywheel system with a high inertia for smooth, silent exercises.
- Padded handlebars that are ergonomically positioned for easy reach.
- The streamlined interface is easy to operate and loaded with capabilities. The 5.5" segmented LCD improves programme visibility and goal monitoring.
- There are 16 magnetic resistance levels to choose from for various training intensities.
- A media shelf allows you to display your device or to read material easily.
- Bluetooth® heart rate monitoring is available to assist you in staying in the zone (strap not included). Metrics like speed, RPM, heart rate, calories, distance, and time should be tracked.
- Frame warranty: 10 years / Parts warranty: 2 years / Electronics warranty: 1 year / Labor warranty: 90 days
- A water bottle holder will keep you hydrated.
- Simple to assemble.
- Assists in sit training.
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Schwinn 130 Upright Stationary Exercise Bike is a low-cost indoor bike that is relatively durable and has a variety of programming options. A word of caution: several buyers have reported that the pedal design is poor.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle:
Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle
This high-quality indoor riding cycle is ideal for individuals who want to sneak in a fast spin exercise right from their living room.
The bike's sturdy construction includes a heavy-duty steel frame and a 44-pound (20-kg) flywheel, making it an outstanding value for money.
It has magnetic resistance, which is a device that employs magnets to produce tension, allowing you to adjust the intensity according to your fitness level quickly.
It also has an adjustable seat and handlebars, allowing you to tailor your ride to your preferences.
- The seating is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and convenience.
- A road bike-style saddle is built up to be adjusted vertically and horizontally.
- The adjustable seat provides the user with comfort and stability (seat inseam height min 26/max 32 in).
- During high-intensity workouts, the stop brake allows users to stop the flywheel quickly.
- One can monitor their fitness and keep a record of performance. Your time, speed, distance and calories burned are all tracked on the LCD panel.
- The 22-pound high wheel has high inertia and resistance, giving you a comfortable riding experience.
- Paddles are made up of rubbers that extend the workout duration, while caged pedals help prevent feet slip by giving more support while pedaling.
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Exercise bike with heavy chrome 49 LB/22 LB Flywheel Bike is an excellent choice for starting or continuing cycling but does not want all bells and whistles.
This indoor bike is well worth the money because of its muscular build, small size, simple adjustments, handy roller wheels, and a three-year guarantee.
3. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike:
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike:
Marcy Recumbent indoor bike is designed for seniors who wish to minimize the risk of injury during indoor cycling.
The bike's step-through design allows for a quick and simple exercise during your everyday cycling workouts. Walk-in, sit down, and begin exercising. Furthermore, the passive design helps to reduce stress on the knee and back.
- It has rotating knobs which assist in changing the resistance level during a workout.
- It keeps track of distance, calories burnt and speed, and several other metrics.
- You have complete control while riding a bike with counterbalanced pedals.
- Marcy builds it through design to make it simple to mount and dismount.
- Pedals with counterbalance intend to provide maximum support while providing optimal control.
- The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle that is padded with soft, high-density foam.
- This stationary bike has an 8-level magnetic resistance system.
What We Like
What We Don't Like
It has several features that will make your training more pleasurable and effective. With eight difficulty settings, counterbalanced pedals, and a walk-through design, it's simple to find the appropriate exercise for you.
This bike costs less than $200, which is the best deal for a bike with several features.
Pros and cons of 7 mins workout:
A 7-minute workout is very beneficial to practice as it is high-intensity circuit training. This workout targets your upper body, core and lower body. It helps boost not only your cardiovascular and heart but also strength, mood and overall energy levels. One can find multiple 7 minute workout apps which can help.
- Numerous studies have demonstrated its health advantages.
- This workout improves muscular strength.
- It assists your body in losing body weight and fat, especially subcutaneous fat(just beneath the skin).
- It improves heart and lung health by increasing VO2 max.
- This workout can aid in reducing insulin resistance, which helps prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Individuals who are overweight/obese, untrained or out of shape, coping with bone or joint injuries, elderly or have heart and blood pressure concerns should be careful before beginning.
- Some exercises may be dangerous if done wrong.
- People should acquire medical approval from their doctors.
- As these are strenuous activities, muscle and joint discomfort are faced.
Lastly, what do you need to know?
A few things which one should bear in mind while doing a 7-minute workout, also known as High-Intensity Interval Training(HIIT), are -
- Work periods should be no longer than 30 seconds. At more than 30 seconds, work intervals will be challenging to maintain at the requisite intensity to qualify as HIIT.
- Begin with a few cycles twice a week. HIIT training is extremely exhausting, especially when performing high-impact techniques.
- To minimize injuries, enough recuperation time between training sessions is required for one and done workout.
- Allow enough time for relaxation to sustain an appropriate intensity for HIIT.
- Choose a low-intensity modality that you are acquainted with. For example, if you haven't jogged in a while, don't go all-out on running.
- If you have joint pain, start with low-impact activities like cycling or swimming.
- As a beginner, one can try a 7 minute workout app.
High-intensity interval training is a highly effective form of exercise that may help you burn more calories than other types of exercise.
Mostly asked question is whether the 7 minute workout works as some of the calories burnt due to high-intensity interval training come from an increased metabolism that lasts for hours after exercise.
Overall, HIIT provides many of the same health advantages as other kinds of exercise while taking up less time.
These advantages include lower body fat levels, heart rate, and blood pressure. HIIT may also aid in the reduction of blood sugar and the improvement of insulin sensitivity.
"It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." – Mahatma Gandhi.