BikesReviewed is a website started by a cycling enthusiast Max Shumpert.
BikesReviewed aims to be an online cycling hub that provides useful information on outdoor activity and health in general.
We also feature reviews of the latest bikes and gear to assist consumers to pick the right products that meet their individual needs.
At BikesReviewed, we understand the importance and value of education.
As part of giving back to the community, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Quarterly Active Living Scholarship.
With the scholarship, we aim to help students achieve their education and career goals by easing their financial burden of higher education.
This scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded to one student every three months.
Who Can Apply?
This scholarship is open to legal residents and citizens of the United Kingdom, United States or Canada who have been accepted to study full-time at an accredited college or university.
If you own a website and think that your readers will benefit from it, you can share the above image on your website by copying and pasting the html code below in your website.
While the scholarship is open to anyone embarking or enrolled on a higher education course, special consideration will be given to students pursuing a course in fitness, health or sports.
How To Apply?
There are two ways to apply for the scholarship:
- Borrow a bike (if you don't have one).
- Record yourself on camera talking about why you love cycling.
- Upload the Video to Youtube
- Insert a link to https://bikesreviewed.com in the description area.
- Send the Youtube link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name, College name, College year, major, email and phone numbers we can reach you at.
- Also, include a document proof that can attest to you being a student.
- To participate in this scholarship program, you will research and submit an essay between 800 to 1000 words about a topic relevant to bicycles and active living. The use of research based findings are highly recommended.
- The Essay should be 100% unique and submitted to us via email (word .doc file). If you have your own website, you can add a link to it. Our email is email@example.com
- Include your name, College name, College year, major, email and phone numbers we can reach you at. Also, include a document proof that can attest to you being a student.
The BikesReviewed Scholarship Committee will review all essays and videos and decide on the final winner. The entries will be judged based on creativity, research on the topic and clarity of the essay/video. Students who submit plagiarised essays will be disqualified. The BikesReviewed team will notify the winner by email and the award will be sent directly to the winning participant’s school.
Deadline & Award Schedule
This is an ongoing quarterly scholarship.
Deadline for submission (ongoing): 31 June, 2018.
Winner notification: 15 July, 2018.
Award disbursement: August, 2018.
Terms, Conditions & Privacy
- By entering this competition, the Author, subjects and photo/videographer gives BikesReviewed permission to use their essay, photo, screen captures, video, first name, and college name on BikesReviewed.com and affiliated sites. Stealing copyrighted works will disqualify the applicant.
- As much as we would like to award the scholarship, in the event that none of the applicants meets the video or essay requirements, BikesReviewed reserves the right to withhold disbursement.
- Students are free to apply for the scholarship program. The scholarship is a gift aid and no money is required from you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org